Biblioteca Digital Agrícola
Balcão de Referência Virtual da BN sobre Agronomia e Ciências Agrárias
1. Ag Center. Informação sobre o impacto ambiental nas comunidades agrícolas; fornece, ainda, informações acerca do modo de reduzir os níveis de poluição e da boa utilização das mais recentes tecnologias para a prevenirem.
3. Aglinks. World Wide Web Sites of Interest to Agriculture. Ligações a recursos da Internet relacionados com a agricultura.
6. Agriculture Hotlists, the Biggies. Lista de ligações internet aos mais importantes sites sobre agricultura.
15. A History of American Agriculture, 1776-1990. Farmers and the Land. Cronologia e elementos estatísticos relacionados com a ocupação agrícola dos Estados Unidos da América.
1. African Agricultural Research
Agricultural research for food security, environmental sustainability and economic development in
2. AgNIC Plant Science Homepage
Provides links to plant-related information, including a reference service, genetics and taxonomy, plant protection, crop production, electronic publications, education, people and association, reference tools and the AgNIC project.
3. Agronomic Links
Provides links to useful and informative agronomic sites.
4. Agronomic Links Across the Globe
Gateway to websites organized under international, national, state, and miscellaneous headings. ("US National" category is subarranged by topic.) Links are annotated.
5. The ARS Pesticide Properties Database
This database has been developed to provide quality modelers and managers with a list of pesticide qualities that are most important for predicting the potential of pesticides moving into ground and surface waters under a range of weather and soil conditions. Information focuses on 16 of the most important properties that affect pesticides transport and degradation characteristics.
A collection of links and references from literature to different aspects of research on beans (Phaseolus and Vigna)
7. Center for Crops Utilization Research
The Center "is responding to the urgent need to improve American agricultural competitiveness by developing new products, markets, and processing techniques, as well as by improving our understanding of the basic properties of agricultural products and their components"--Center overview.
Home page of the Consortium, whose principal purpose is to assist developing nations reduce food crop losses caused by pests while also safe-guarding the environment.
9. Corn Connection
Links to sources of information about managing, growing, harvesting, storing and marketing grain corn and corn silage crops and about corn itself.
10. CyberFarm! -- Links are provided to many sites relating to sustainable agriculture.
11. Demeter's Genomes
Provides links to plant genome databases, grouped by crop genomes, small lean genomes and cross-genome integration. The user can search each database individually by selecting the offered query options.
12. European Cooperative Programme for Crop Genetic Resources Networks (ECP/GR)
Home site of ECP/GR, which is a collaborative program among most European countries aimed at ensuring the long-term conservation and facilitating the increased utilization of plant genetic resources in Europe. The Programme, which is entirely financed by the participating countries and is coordinated by the International Plant Genetic Resources Institute (IPGRI), operates through ten broadly focused networks dealing with groups of crops or general themes related to plant genetic resources.
14. Germplasm Enhancement of Maize
Provides a description of the cooperative effort of the United States Department of Agriculture's Agricultural Research Service, land-grant universities, and industry to widen the germplasm base of commercial hybrid corn in the
16. Glossary of Soil Science Terms
The SSSA has published definitions or glossaries of soil science terms since 1956. These glossaries were developed by various terminology committees of SSSA. New terms were carried as appendices in the five revised editions of the Glossary published from 1971 through 1979, plus a supplement in October 1982. The 1984 revision incorporated a policy that all acceptable terms appear in a single alphabetical list. Appendices would include obsolete terms, tabular information, proposed new terms or guidelines, etc. This revision of the Glossary does not have a separate list of obsolete terms. None of the terms in the Glossary of Soil Science Terms is considered official by the SSSA. They are published in an effort to provide a foundation for common understanding in communications covering soil science.
17. GrainGenes: Links
GrainGenes is a compilation of molecular and phenotypic information on wheat, barley, oats, rye and sugarcane. This site has links to university websites, agricultural research centers, agronomy-related websites, articles, companies and organizations, government and websites for geneticists, agronomists and pathologists.
18. Healthy Land, Clean Water for Life
Home page of the Society. Its mission statement declares that it fosters the science and the art of soil, water, and related natural resource management to achieve sustainability.
19. ILDIS: International Legume Database & Information Service
ILDIS is an international project which aims to document and catalogue the world's legume species diversity in a readily accessible form. Research groups in many countries are participating on a co-operative basis to pool information in the ILDIS World Database of Legumes, which is used to provide a worldwide information service through publications, electronic access and enquiry services.